Monday, November 13, 2006

First Post

I have been working on a pair of pants for Hayden (6 mos). I don't usually get to knit anywhere except work (lunch break) because I work full time, keep house, cook and have 2 boys, Hunter (2 1/2) and Hayden. My lunch usually goes like this. I grub and play on the internet, then I pump (I am nursing Hayden), and finally, I get to knit. If I eat quickly, I can knit for up to 30 mins. Anyway, I completed one leg of Hayden's pants which, used one ball of yarn, and moved onto the next. Yay! I was so excited on Friday when I almost finished the second leg because I have been working on this project whenever I can, since September. I put the almost finished leg next to the finished leg and guess what? The yarn was in two different colors!! I purchased two balls of different color yarn!! What a dork. On top of that, this is my first project to be knitted in continental style. Hence, the gauge of the first leg is way off because I got really weird with it. Oh, well. It is a learning experience. At the pace I am going, Hayden is going to be too big to wear them!!!

We took the boys to Chuck E Cheese on Saturday. You know how you see on TV a person who comes out of the bathroom and cruises around with toilet seat protector stuck to their shoe? Well, I was that person until some kind gent pointed it out to me!! At least I wasn't there with a party or something. What a goof!!!

No comments: