Friday, March 16, 2007

Caught Up

I was out for a week and during the week after, I was out for two days and now I am totally caught up at work. It feels so good to have an empty in-box but then I really liked the 'action' when I first came back to a full in-box. When I worked for Kiewit, I most of the time, I would be swamped and I really enjoyed that kind of environment. I am a geek (at least, I admit I am a geek freely).

I think Hayden had a recent growth spurt. It seems that just last week or the week before, I was putting size 9 month and a bit of 12 month clothes on him. Now, most of the 12 month clothes I try to put him in don't really fit. He fits best in 18 month clothes. He is getting taller. Cute little guy. He is scooting around a bit. He crawls backwards a little and somehow, when I set him on the floor to play, he moves over a few feet to where he wants to go. We have been working with him to try to get him to crawl forward. He really wants to but just can't get his baby body to do it. I can't wait until he can walk. Then he can play where he wants to and with the other kids instead of always spectating (poor little guy).

The neighbor kids (5 year old twins, Javier and Leslie) have been making it a habit of coming over to play when we get home. I don't mind Leslie (she is polite and behaves) but Javier is a total brat. He is manipulative, he lies, he tries to take Hunter's toys, and he just won't take no for an answer. The other night he came to the screen door and I told him that he couldn't come in and Hunter couldn't come out. Javier decided to check the garage so he could sneak in the house through there (as he often does). Rob will tell Javier more than once that they can't play in the house because the baby is sleeping and when Rob turns around, Javier sneaks in. Sometimes, when we tell Hunter that it is time to go home, Javier will try to make Hunter go into his house and we have to get the parents involved in order to retrieve Hunter. When we tell Hunter that he can't go outside, Javier tells Hunter to come out and tries to sneak him out. Last night, they wanted to come in. I told them that they had to stay outside (I was too busy to supervise them and Rob was outside to watch the kids). Javier had Leslie tell me that he wanted to come in and use the bathroom. I didn't understand her. He came in and said 'bathroom'. I understood and said that it was okay. All of them came in and Javier and Leslie turned on the Nintendo, the TV and proceeded to make themselves comfortable. I said to Javier as I turned the TV off, "I thought you needed to use the bathroom". That little turkey got up and turned the TV on. I turned it off again and again, mentioned the bathroom. I told them that it was getting late and they had to leave.

I think Javier's parents know about his bahavior because the day after Rob sent Javier home for acting up, when the children were over playing, they sent an older child over and she told us to let them know if Javier acts up again. We really have to watch him. Rob mentioned that last night. He doesn't want Javier's behavior to rub off on Hunter. He said we really have to be firm with Javier. I agreed and comended Rob for sending Javier home the other day. I know that it is not a communication gap. Leslie speaks better english than Javier but I know he understands me more than he lets on and what he doesn't understand, she interprets for him. I can tell by his actions that he understands most of what I am saying.

I haven't decided what we are going to do this weekend with the boys. Saturday, Rob is going to install a new swamp cooler and I don't know how long it will take or if he will have to work on it Sunday also. I am thinking about doing something on Sunday. Maybe another trip to Pixieland. Hunter loves it there and although, Hayden only got to go on one ride (which he LOVED), he really liked to look at all of the rides and the children. That place is so cute. I love how it is tailored for the little ones.

I haven't gotten much work done on Hayden's sock. Geez, the way he is growing, by the time I finish the second one, he might be too big!!!

No comments: