Tuesday, March 13, 2007

My Back

Oh, I haven't been blogging. I have been trying to minimize my time sitting at a desk. I have been out of work almost all week of 3/2 and 3/8, 3/9. During those days, I put the boys in daycare and tried to do nothing but knit and read magazines. It is hard to make myself just relax. With the boys at Linda's, my mind races through all of the things I could be doing. However, I have to keep reminding myself about my back and I force myself to just relax so I can heal. It is funny how the mind wants to do this and that even when the body can't.

I haven't done much housework in the past two weeks. I mean I do it but as often or like I usually do. It drives me nuts, but I just tell myself to relax because I need to rest.

It is hard to sit here, at work for so long. I have contacted my DR. and she is going to have me go to physical therapy. This is good. Although, I would like to take more time off to rest my back, I can't miss anymore work. I do not want this to perpetuate.

We took the boys to Pixieland on Sunday. They have about 6 rides so we only spent about an hour and a half there. Hunter 'flew' an airplane, 'drove' a car, went on the carousel, and is finally tall enough to ride the frog hopper. Too bad the roller coaster was down for maintenance because he is finally tall enough to ride it too. We all went on the little train. I held Hayden on the ride. He was so excited. He really had fun. I love that place. It is not too big and not too small (well it could stand to have a couple more rides)and you can spend an hour or so there and ride everything (no time to get tired, bored or grouchy). It is made for the little ones (I would say 8 and under) so there aren't any older kids there saying bad words, acting up, knocking little ones over because they aren't looking, etc.

I worked on Hayden's socks during my days off. Before I even cast on the first one, I measured his little food. When I worked on the foot part, I shortened it because I couldn't believe that his little foot was that long. Therefore, after I completed the sock, I tried to shove it on his foot. It was too short. Therefore, I measured his foot again and sure enough I got the same measurement as I did before. So, his second sock has now become his first sock. I completed his first sock and am now working on the second one.

No comments: