Friday, March 23, 2007

Rebate Check is Here and Gone!

I received a rebate check for the computer we purchased in January. Our last computer just stopped communicating with the monitor, keyboard, etc. one day and we just could not do anything to get it to work. We keep our checkbook in Microsoft Money and lost a lot of information. Yes, I did backups on my file but Rob had not done any. Anyway, we needed a new one so that we could use the wireless DSL which cost the same as the dialup we were using.

The day we decided to look for a new one my Mom came over and gave me some money. It was like she caught a vibe as to what happened to our computer and what we were about to do.

The computer we chose had two rebates, one from the manufacturer and one from the store. I received the check from the manufacturer yesterday and have already spent it this morning. Yes, that was quick. I had previously been to Allaboardtoys.com and planned what I will purchase when I received the first check. I went on-line this morning and placed my order. I bought some Thomas the Train valances and drapes for the playroom. The house we rent is so dreary because the landlord likes to use 'wood' paneling rather than painted walls. I figured these would brighten the room up a bit. I also purchased Hayden the Thomas and Friends Board Book and the Surprise, Thomas! Board Book. I bought Hunter a Thomas outfit. I love that store. It has the largest selection of Thomas items I have ever seen. I can shop by character too. I love that store (do you see how much I love that store)!! They have pretty good prices. Their clearance prices are very good.

Linda, the daycare lady, is out today so Rob 'took the day off' to be home with the boys. When he takes a day off, it is not really off because he handles most of his work on the phone whether he is at work or not. I am going to go home for lunch today and eat with the boys.

No comments: