Friday, March 2, 2007

My Back

I haven't been posting much lately because last week the boys and I were sick. Therefore, I stayed home Wednesday and Thursday. Friday was a busy day at work.

On Sunday, I was sitting on the floor and Hunter jumped on me. His weight put pressure on my lower back and it hurt. Later on in the day, it really hurt. I stayed home from work on Monday, put the boys in daycare, and went to the Dr. She had me stay home all week and wanted me to rest. Tuesday, I doubled my medication (I am sure it is okay, double is the same dosage I had been prescribed after my c-section) and went in to work for most of the day to catch things up and do payroll (I am curious to see if I made any mistakes because I was feeling pretty 'high'). I have been home all week. It is so tough to just sit here and relax. My mind keeps going to the chores I could be doing and how easy it would be without the boys. However, I know I need to heal so I force myself to stay put. Chores can wait. I can't afford to take any more time off of work. I have been working on Hayden's socks. I finished the first yesterday and am now on the second sock.

My back kills me. Especially in the morning, before I take any pain pills. At least it is a little better than it was. At the beginning of the week, I would wake up in pain just before it is time to take another pill. The only way I was able to sleep for the first couple of nights was if I was medicated. Now, I the pain does not wake me up.

No comments: