Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Items

I added some hand dyed sock yarn and stitch markers to the Etsy store I set up. I would like to dye a lot more, but I have been so busy lately. You know, I was thinking today that I must thrive on being extremely busy. It is strange. For instance, after completing jr. college, I moved onto night school while working full-time. I was promoted to Business Manager at the company I worked for and completed the last year of my BS degree while working a minimum of 45 hours a week. Often times I worked 10-12 hour days and even one day on the weekend!! I remember spending my spare time doing homework and meeting with study group partners to work on group projects. However, I maintained an above 3.0 GPA. It was crazy!! I was once transferred to a job site where I drove for 1 hr and 45 minutes each way (this was after I received my BS) for 9 months. There were quite a few nights where I would get home around 11 pm (Yes. The job was salaried. Darn, huh?).

Quickbooks stinks! I am saying this because they won't support our software (2004 version) after June 1. This means that we cannot do payroll through them or run credit cards as before unless we upgrade and their software is expensive. My boss, in his annoying ways, loves to wait until the very last minute to do anything. It makes me crazy. So, with that in mind, today, I am waiting for a return call from him so I can continue with payroll. This is the last payroll run without the upgrade. However, because the check dates are June 1st, our tax tables are screwed up and I don't want to manually figure the taxes on everyone's checks. I called my boss this morning leaving a voicemail of his options and he still hasn't called back. We only have 3 more hours in this workday and I need an answer. I wish he would just upgrade as I have asked him to.

At least at lunch today, I was able to knit a few rounds on my sock. Aaaaahhhhh!! Stress relief!!!

Some yarn for your viewing pleasure.



I call this 'Shades of Scarlet'. You can find it at my Etsy store.

No comments: