Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Sock Progress

I have been making progress on the socks little by little. I am still on the foot of the first sock. I am a little worried because according to my Yarn Yardage Table Knit-Kard, the yarn I am using is about a DK to worsted weight yarn. Also per the Knit-Kard, I need about 275 yards for a pair of socks using DK yarn or about 240 yards for worsted for a medium pair of women's sock. I am using Schaefer Yarn's Lola and it only has about 280 yards and that is cutting it a little close. In my use of Addi Turbo 12" circulars, I have been knitting a bit loose (when I knit with double-pointed needles, I knit really tightly). It looks like my yarn leans towards the worsted as the manufacturer states and I will be okay. However, I don't want to try to knit a pair of socks and end up short on the last part of the LAST SOCK! I guess I should check my gauge and do some math just to be sure. Ugh! Maybe I just should have checked my gauge in the beginning but I was knitting socks and figured I could escape knitting a gauge swatch.



The boys have been sick lately. I believe this is why Hunter has been so defiant lately. You know when you are out shopping, you see a child totally acting up and you say to yourself, "I am glad I don't have a child who acts like that." Well, poor Hunter is THAT child when he is sick. Luckily, Linda is on vacation and they have been at their Grandma's all week. Grandpa also took today off to be with them I bet they are having fun.

No comments: