Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Joined The Summer of Socks '07

Today, I joined the Summer of Socks '07 knit along. I have yet to figure out how to save their button to my server and post it on my blog for others to use. I wll figure it out when I get the time. When I joined, I marked that I would make a donation. I plan to donate some hand dyed yarn.

I was out sick the past couple of days. I brought the boys to daycare and slept a few extra hours Monday and Tuesday. I am not the type to nap during the day really, because I always have so much going on but I felt so crummy. I don't know what has gotten me, but I have been so exhausted and just not feeling right. I am a bit lightheaded and dizzy-like. You know when you are sick and you are here but not here, kind of in a surreal world? That's how I feel. My head aches. Ugh! I hope I don't mess things up too much here, at work.

Here is a picture of the yarn I dyed for my next pair of socks.



It is in various shades of blue. I like how it has a kind of faded blue jean look. The yarn is 100%superwash yard, DK. I plan to try my circular Addi Turbos again. I am determined to make them work because it is faster to use the circular than to use dpn's.

Hayden's birthday was nice. We had fun. He crawls all over now. Here is a pic of the little birthday boy.

2 comments:

adrienne said...

the yarn you dyed will make some really nice socks! do you already have a pattern in mind? just curious

Cynthia said...

I am using a custom pattern from a LYS. Thanks for asking.