Friday, July 27, 2007

This Weekend

I am so glad it is Friday. I hate that I was not able to take any time off of work to help my husband move stuff. He has been slowly but surely packing and moving our stuff all week. There is no way my boss would let me have any time off so I did not bother to ask. Anyway, it looks like we will be all moved out by the end of Saturday. I can't wait to get out of our cruddy neighborhood!!

Last weekend we met a new neighbor directly behind our house and the one to the left of the house. Both are grandparents who have a granchild, who visits often, around Hunter's age!! The other day Rob met another neighbor behind us and they have a child a year older than Hunter. The boys are going to be so happy! They will have a little network of friends around us. I was worried that there wouldn't be any kids nearby for the boys to play with and now, to my surprise, there are more than I could have even hoped for!!

Everyone we have met are friendly. It is so cool. Going into Rio Vista is like going into a different dimension or (maybe back in time). Last weekend, when we went out to eat, other men knodded and said 'hello' to my husband as we walked past, not being used to it, he missed seeing a few and knodding back. People drive much kinder too. It is just amazing. Maybe this is the way towns are in other parts of the state or country, but in the San Francisco, Bay Areaish parts of California, people are just plain rude and have the 'move out of my way, me first, attitude' (which I hate and stresses me out because I try to be polite, wait my turn, etc.). Isn't that odd, because Bay Area is concentrated with liberals (aren't they supposed to be sympathtic, etc?). I just don't get it when anyone acts that way. It is so mean. The Post Office in the city where I work, Pittsburg, is only a few blocks away. Driving there and walking to/from my car, is like going through one of those obstacle courses you see on TV, not only are you doing the course, but you have also got to dodge the things people are throwing at you. It is crazy.

I haven't really made much progress with my second sock. Maybe I will get lucky and the boys will fall asleep early tonight so I can stay up late and knit.

No comments: