Thursday, December 28, 2006

Almost Finished With Hayden's Pants


Here is a pic of the pants (don't look at the stains on the desk calendar. I eat my lunch here. What a slob!!). I can see where I knit instead of purled and vice versa. However, the Patons, Be Mine yarn is so fuzzy, it would have been tough for me to rip back and redo the parts where I messed up. Hayden doesn't mind. I have learned a lesson...use a yarn that isn't so fuzzy to learn new stitches(stockinette and ribbing).

The pattern adds a pull string to keep the pants up. I am going to get some elastic and sew it in. I don't like pull strings, especially on babies. Furthermore, I am thinking of picking up the stitches at the bottom of the legs and adding 'feet'. It has been cold lately and I hate how most pants the little guy wears ride up his leg, leaving his calves cold. However, as soon as I put the elastic in, I will deem this project complete. If I wish to add 'feet', I will call it another project. Yes. I am the type who will not move onto another project while one is still incomplete. I fear that if I do, I will have many incomplete projects which, I will NEVER complete.

No comments: