Monday, December 11, 2006

Sad Eyes

Our day care provider took Friday, the 8th through the 17th off. I stayed home with the boys on Friday. I woke up early and cleaned house. I had hoped to get some knitting done this weekend. Good thing I stayed home with the boys. Hunter was tossing and turning during nap time. He told me that his ear hurt. By the afternoon, he was running a fever. It is so sad when a little one is sick. He would look at me with those big brown eyes, his bottom lip curled, and tears streaming down his face. I get misty just thinking about it. He threw up a couple of times. He just wanted to sleep and have Mommy hold him. Before Hayden, I would spend a good portion of the day just holding him while reading books while he was sick. I can't do that now. My poor baby. We took him to the doctor Saturday morning (I am so glad Kaiser has appointments on Saturdays). He has an ear infection. We gave him some of the prescribed antiobiotics and come Sunday, he was almost back to his normal self. He still intermittently ran a fever. His Grandma took this week off to babysit them and the timing is perfect. Grandma will take care of him.

Sunday, my husband, who usually doesn't open up to me about these sort of things, told me that he had nightmares about Hunter. He was afraid of losing him and had anxiety nightmares. He told me that he worried about Hunter all weekend. I didn't realize that it was tough for him also. I respect him more for sharing with me.

I did not knit this weekend. I did not knit today, on my lunchbreak. I had to go to the store.

No comments: