Friday, February 2, 2007

Another Slow Day in Happyland

Well, it is another slow day here, at work. It is around 8:30 and already I don't have much to do. I could do a few things but when it is slow, I usually only do a bit and save some for the next day. A coworker is playing a game on his computer and I can hear it. None of the owners are here. I wonder if I could get away with doing some knitting? Two of my coworkers are sons of owners. I know one could care less if I knit. The other, I am not sure yet. The one I am not sure about is on the net more than anyone else here and has the least work to do (and messes up the paperwork on little bit of work he does. Amazing.). So, I am not sure how he feels. I know that the owner has to know that this position does run out of work. My predecessor had told him that. She wanted to work part-time but they wantes someone physically here full-time. Before she worked here, they had a Bookkeeping service which, of course, was not here full-time. Anyway, I will do some things and see how it goes. It sure would be nice to knit rather than surf.

Hunter wouldn't eat the 'zucchini fries'. He is such a fussy eater. I have read about it from various sources and we just keep trying to get him to eat a variety. One I read yesterday mentioned dipping. He likes to dip things. Maybe if I had some sort of dip to go with the 'zucchini fries' he would have eaten it. Maybe I should make or purchase some spaghetti sauce and put it in little containers to freeze. Then I could cook one for him when I need it. Good idea Cynthia. Why thank you very much.

Oh, crud. An owner has arrived. Maybe he will leave. It is just so boring when it is slow and I would much rather spend my time knitting.

I checked out the web site nickjr.com yesterday, at work because it is just so exciting here. They have some games that were not so advanced that Hunter could not play them. Plus, the games were free (unlike the Disney web site where it is expensive in my terms). Therefore, after putting Hayden down for a nap (which only lasted about 15 mins), I got on the computer with Hunter and we played some games. He had fun. He got the hang of the games pretty quickly, especially the Wonder Pets games. He learned how to type his name into the game (with my help) and he learned to work the mouse. It made him so happy to be able to play on the 'puter'. Unfortunately, the games he played called for the use of the mouse. He would totally get into the game and move the mouse too high. When he would click the mouse to jump or move his character, sometimes he moved his mouse too high and clicked on a button which took him to another page. Therefore, he would lose his place and we would have to go through the whole setup again. It is okay. Soon he will get the hang of it.

No comments: