Friday, February 16, 2007

Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day was good. Hunter came home with valentines from his little friends in daycare. We went next door and he gave his little neighbor friends their valentines and then they came over and played in our house most of the evening. I used to have a problem with that. This is so because the kids terrorize the house. The empty bins of toys and don't put things back. Hunter is not like that. He will go through his bins but not take everything out and for the most part, he puts things back. In addition, the little boy did not have much by way of manners. I didn't want him to influence Hunter negatively. Anyway, I noticed on Valentine's day and last night when the little boy came over, that he has improved. Now I do not worry as much (but I still have a mess to clean up). My dh knows how I felt about the neighbor kids and pointed out to me that Hunter is happy playing with them. I concur. He is a little social guy. He plays all day with his friends in daycare and then comes home and plays with his little neighbor friends.

We did not do anything really special for Valentine's day. We decided not to go out because with two little ones, it can be tough. We opted for Chinese takeout. My rings were stolen several months ago and my husband is determined to replace them slowly but surely. Hence, Rob gave me another replacement ring. It is a ruby with little diamonds surrounding it and is a little fancier than the original one he gave me. There are also little rubies embedded in the band that span the top part of each side of the ring.

We have Monday off. That is cool. I didn't think we were going to get it off. One owner pointed out to us that we had it off last year and that started the ball rolling. It was iffy yesterday and it became official today. I wish the president would let us know sooner so we can make plans. His wife worked on and was paid for, an employee manual. It is supposed to outline days off and such. I still haven't seen it. One of the owners is going to bring that fact up in the meeting. It sure would be nice to know how many sick days, etc we have.

I am on the foot part of Hunter's sock. In knitting the second one, I see where I misread the instructions on the first and the second sock. I need to pay better attention to the instructions. It sure would be nice to finish the second sock this weekend and start on Hayden's socks. We'll see!

Have a wonderful weekend!!!!

No comments: