Wednesday, February 7, 2007

No. You Go to the Bank

This company has bank accounts at two different banks. I usually do the deposits to the one located in the city I live in and the owner, his wife, or his son make the deposits at the bank located in Concord. The President sent his son to do the deposit in Concord this morning. I guess the machine wasn't working and the bank did not open until 10 am. Hence, he was unable to deposit the checks I gave his father a few days ago. Later in the morning, as I was on my way out to the post office to pick up the PO box mail, he stopped me and asked me to take the deposit. I said that I would rather not because I don't make those deposits and I am the only one who doesn't get an auto allowance or get reimbursed for mileage, etc. What I was thinking is...'You go do the deposit. Not only do you get your gas reimbursed, you get an auto allowance every month. In addition, you have the least work-related tasks to do out of everyone here.' Anyway, I did not have to go to the bank. He did it. Note: The bank is located on the president's route home.

The Salesmen are back today. Things have slowed down again for me. It is nice to be back to the slow pace. I did have fun the last few days. It was nice to have more 'action'. However, it was not good for a nursing mother. I would get so busy, I would forget to pump and when I did, I really had to force myself relax and remove work-related tasks from my mind. I am thankful that my job is very low in stress because I don't want to lose my milk. When I had Hayden, various nurses told me that the World Health Organization (I think it was that organization) recommends nursing until at least the age of 2. Hence, I would like to produce milk for Hayden until he is at least 2.

My dh called me this morning. He was feeling bad that he had to scold Hunter last night. We all sleep in our large bed. At bedtime Hunter still wants to play. He moves here and there and keeps us up for about an hour every night. Last night he got into trouble. My husband told him he had to sleep on the floor if he doesn't settle down (my dh really wouldn't make Hunter sleep on the floor). Hunter kept acting up. I told my dh that he has to follow through with what he says. So he picked Hunter up and put him on the floor. He told him he had to stay there until he decides to behave. Hunter cried. Dh told him that if he behaves he can get back on the bed. Hunter said he would and went back to bed. He acted up a bit but not as badly. He finally went to sleep. I guess Hunter should sleep in his own room but I just am not ready for that yet. I think that Hunter would find it unfair that Hayden can sleep with us (Hayden is still nursing) but Hunter can't. Besides, I would miss him terribly if he was in another room. I am used to him snuggling next to me. I sleep with one child on each side of me.

No comments: