Thursday, April 26, 2007

How About a Little PMS With Your Commute?

I can totally tell that I am PMSing. Things that usually wouldn't bother me, do bother me. Yesterday, I yelled at some guy. I was in the outside turning lane and he was in the inside one. I stopped at the red to turn right (he did not) and proceeded to turn. As he turned, he moved left, into my lane, causing me to hit my brakes and move into the left most lane to avoid a collision. I got next to him and yelled at him. I think he was an illegal alien. I have noticed that in recent years, our city has been flooded with illegals. Many of them drive and drive dangerously. I really don't think they know and or understand the laws and traffic signs (or maybe they just don't care. They are here ILLEGALLY). I have had so many near misses and most of the time they appear to be illegal aliens. I am so totally sick of it. You know they don't have insurance. Most of the time I am driving with my boys in the car.

This morning, as I merged onto the freeway, those ahead of me merged. Yet a guy tried to go around me, on the shoulder in an attempt to get as far ahead as he could (some creepy people often do that on this entry ramp on Hwy 4). I blocked him. He tried it three times. Later, I saw him on the freeway. He had some kids. I thought to myself, "Great, he is multiplying. His kids are going to learn to drive just like him."

I finally have a picture of my completed and blocked gift for my cousin, Bobby. They are wristbands or are they called sweatbands? Are the bands that go on your head called sweatbands, making the ones that go on your wrists 'wristbands'? I don't know? He likes to go running, so I thought that these would be cool to use to wipe his sweat. =) The way I took the picture makes them look funny. They look better in 'person'.




When I decided to do the project, I searched and searched for the right main color yarn. I used Cascade Fixation. It is made with elastic and is perfect for the bands. The yarn takes some time to get used to but it is kinda neat to work with. When I errored, I was able to stretch the stitch and easily see where to insert my needle in order to 'unknit' the stitch. The white yarn is Lily Sugar N' Cream. I did not use a pattern for it is so easy. However, I did use part of this skull chart for the design.

2 comments:

Evy McGee said...

Hi Cindy,

Great sweat bands! He will love them! Hunter is a natural athlete - so coordinate and not afraid to try anything - great picture. Hayden's a cutie too - cant' wait to see what he likes to do. Love - Mom

Cynthia said...

Thanks, Mom. I hope Bobby likes them.