Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Hunter's 3rd Birthday

Had a wonderful weekend. The family got together on Saturday for Hunter's birthday. He had so much fun. There's always good food and good fun when that side of the family gets together. He had gotten adorable clothes, books, and toys. He even got a savings bond.

Last night was his official birthday. When I picked him up from Linda's, she said that he had not napped. I told her that that happens to me sometimes and he gets 'psychotic' in the evening. I was worried about him because we were going out. He did fine. In fact, he was even better behaved than if he had napped. I guess he was just so happy. We took him to Round Table. Hunter and Rob played video games. Hayden did well too. Later, we headed out for ice cream. However, I received a call from my Mom and they were at our house with an ice cream cake. Fortunately, we hadn't gotten ice cream yet and we were only a few blocks from the house. We met them. We sang, Hunter blew out the candles and opened his gifts from Mommy and Daddy.

Some of Hunter's gifts included a mitt with a baseball, a T-Ball stand that can be converted to throw balls. I bet you can't guess what sport we are going to teach him soon. I recall my Father playing catch with my brother and teaching him to bat. I wanted to participate and he taught me too. I can't wait to do the same with Hunter. I want to get him into the T-Ball league (if there is one. I have to research). Hunter is very athletic. He does handstands against the wall and the bed and he does summersaults. I think he will do well in baseball.

My latest project is a gift for my cousin. His birthday is soon. Today is slow for me at work and the bosses are out. I have a few things I can do, but I will save it for tomorrow. Maybe I can work on knitting the gift for 1/2 hr before leaving.

No comments: