Thursday, April 19, 2007

People are Slobs

I am the type of person who, when browsing through sections of a store hangs up outfits I find on the floor. I do not go through a messy store and pick everything up. I hate messy stores and won't shop at them if I could help it. I won't walk down the isles and pick things up in the sections, but if I am browsing through a section and come across an outfit that has been knocked off a rack, I will pick it up. I do the same kind of stuff in grocery store, etc.

If I knock something over, I of course, pick it up. You think to yourself, who wouldn't. Yet you see some stores in shambles around the holidays and during sales. I just can't imagine being such a slob. Shame on those people. But they exist.

Every Wednesday, Mervyn's has a huge sale. Hayden could use some clothing so I stopped in after work. I saw an older woman and her older son looking for clothes for his infant/toddler daughter. I had gotten vibes from them that they were strange, maybe jerks. As I passed by the rack they were formerly looking at, I noticed a cute dress on the floor. I hung it back up. Later, I went to the register and they were having their purchase rung up. The guy brushed against the gift card display and knocked one down. He looked right at it on the floor, did nothing and went about his business. I waited for him to pick it up. He did not. I just couldn't help myself. I said, "Oh, here. I will pick that up." Note: I get this from my husband and that is EXACTLY what he would've said (He is funny). They looked at me and then went back to what they were doing. He knew what I did. I just wanted to embarass him a litte. However, it was probably all in vain for he was probably such a jerk it didn't phase him. It's okay. I got a kick from it.

Hayden is so hard to buy clothes for. He is in some sort of 'in between' size. Either stores don't really stock much of the clothing or there are a lot of boys his size and the stores don't have much of anything left. He wears a size 18 month. I can squeeze him in some large styles of 12 mo, but mostly, he is 18 mo. There's a ton of little girl clothing but not much for boys, especially in his size. I wandered around for a long time and had to get a Saleslady to help me. She pointed out a couple of racks with a few pants. I got him three pairs of pants, a few shirts, and a pair of Thomas The Train jammies. What I really wanted were some 'cutsie' outfits with legs. All of the 'cutsie baby-type' outfits had short legs or were on sizes 9 mo or smaller. I wanted some things in short sleeve with long legs because of the weather. Lately, sometimes, it isn't really long sleeve weather and it isn't really shorts weather. Oh well. The pants and shirts will do but they are more like 'little boy clothing'. I like to put Hayden in 'cutsie baby' types of outfits while I still can. Oh well, when I get my other rebate check, I will look around again.

No comments: