Friday, April 27, 2007

Just You and Me Baby!

Rob is planning this whole shooting thing in Collinsville. His boss, co-workers, and buddies, go shooting occasionally. Some bring their kids. They shoot clay pigeons and they shoot at targets (I wonder if he is going to bring the Bin Laden targets I got him for Christmas). It is this whole big deal with him. It is like, he and his boss host it and they even invite some of the employees their company contracts with so it is like a 'PR' thing, as my husband calls it. Hunter is going to go with him and Rob is excited about that. Hunter is a Mama's boy and they need the bonding time.

Hunter has been to the gun club and stuff with Rob. I trust him because he was raised to completely respect guns. He took safety courses and his father taught him well. He comes from a line of hunters and both sides of his family hunt. Anyway, he and Hunter are going to camp there for the night on Saturday. I am excited about this because I don't get much one-on-one time with my little Hayden. When I try to read books with Hayden, Hunter has to get in the middle and tries to get attention too. I understand, he is just a little boy. However, Hunter got to spend the first two years of his life alone with me. Hayden needs a little 'alone with Mommy time'.

I plan on taking Hayden to Babies R Us to get him his own dinnerware and flatware, reading books and just playing with him. He is my little sweety. I am feeling extra bad because my husband, being very observant, told me that when Hunter succeeds in distracting me, Hayden gets a little look on his face and looks down at his little hands. My poor baby. So, from now on. I am going encourage Rob to do more stuff alone with Hunter.

I have started a new project. I am using Shaefer Yarn called Lola. It is 100% wool and superwash. I am knitting a pair of socks on 12" Addi Turbos. One of the salesladies at a LYS suggested I try it. I am excited and hope that this speeds up my time in sock knitting. I noticed that with the knitting blogs I visit, I haven't found one where the knitter uses these. They usually use the double pointed needles and some use long circulars. There has to be a reason why not many use the 12" circs. Maybe as I knit, I will find out. Then again, maybe my knitting time will speed up and I will come to love this method.


"Mommy and I are going to spend quality time together this weekend!"

No comments: