Friday, June 15, 2007

Houses

My first choice for a home was disappointing inside. It had ugly pinkish paint throughout. The kitchen cabinets needed to be cleaned. The third bedroom was an office for it has no closet and the carpets were destroyed (they were filthy and smelled of dirty, stinky, dog!). I think the bank is asking too much for this home. If we made an offer, it would be way lower than the asking. We would have to clean, paint and recarpet it before we moved in. However, the home was only 10 years old.

The second home was built in the 60's and had the kitchen to match. However, it had a fireplace and the other did not. This one could be moved into. It had an added on room which, was bare and per the neighbor, floods during the rain. My husband said that he can fix that. I liked the floor plan on this home. With eventual remodeling of the bathroom fixtures and the kitchen, it could really be cool. The back yard is a good size and it has a good amount of space on the side for a dog run. I really like the back yard. The bank is on crack. They are asking more than the newer home. Probably because of the square footage but the extra room is not functional without work because of the flooding. No wonder the neighbor told my husband that the home has been on the market for over a year. If we bid this one, we are going at least 50k less than the asking price.

My husband is going to call the realtor today and ask that we see the second home again. This time we will ask my Mom and Stepfather to go with us for extra eyes to see what we may miss.

I worked on the sock yesterday and made an error. I am going to have to unknit a whole row and am dreading it.

Have a great weekend!

Here is some pretty yarn, I posted at my Etsy store:

No comments: