Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Venting!!

Today has not been a good day for me. My boss is really getting on my nerves (at least, more than usual). Our daycare lady has taken a few vacations in the past year and she is also taking the 4th-6th off. Therefore, my husband and I decided to split the days. I put in a request to take the 5th off. My boss would not sign the request and put a note on it stating that he would talk to me later. I asked him earlier if we get the 5th off and he said 'no'. Therefore, he is probably going to do what he has done in the past and try to force me to find care for the kids for the day elsewhere. He has even gone so far as to tell me that our daycare lady was 'not reliable' (she has only been sick once and everyone deserves vacation). I don't understand the big deal, my workload is so easy that it is not like I am going to fall behind. Someone else here calls him 'Hitler'.

I know I have complained about him before and I feel I must do it again in order to feel better (Sorry). His memory loss drives me nuts too. He will have me do something one way and then months later he will get onto me for doing it that way (when he told me to in the first place) and tell me to do it another (he totally did that to me yesterday. I just let it go because if I say anything, he tries to find something to get onto me about)!! He makes me crazy! The gal who trained me was not here very long and did not like him and she let me know. I guess I have a higher tolerance because I lasted longer than she did. However, when he threatened to fire me when I decided to take a longer maternity leave, I was hoping he really would. Months after I came back, he told me that he found out that by law, he could have fired me. I knew that!!!

I did not get to knit because I had to go get groceries to make my lunches (I forgot to get wheat pitas). Later, I had to stop by the bank which would not accept the check I was depositing so I had to go inside. By the time I got back to work to eat my lunch, my break was over. Oh, well. It sure would have been nice to knit.

If I could only pick up the sticks and knit obsessively for at least a half hour, I would feel so much better, but I can't.

No comments: