Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Sock Progress

I have been pretty busy. However, I was able to get some knitting done on Thursday and Friday at lunch. I am attempting to knit them on size 5, 12" circular Addi Turbo's. I never saw anyone using these until I went to a LYS in Castro Valley. The salesgal showed me her project. She was using them. She also printed out a pattern someone there wrote. Hence, this is my first pair with these needles and the pattern she gave me. I haven't seen many people using them. Hopefully, during the Summer of Socks, I will find someone who uses them.

We spent Saturday driving around Rio Vista, looking at houses. What a nice town! So many homes had chairs and such on the front porches and in garages with people sitting outside visiting, working and such. A couple of people waived at us. How friendly. So not like the areas closer to the Bay Area (San Francisco). This is exactly the type of place I want to live. Friendly, small, little crime. How nice!!!

I spent most of Sunday dyeing up yarn.

The owners are out and there is just a few of of here. I am going to work on my sock after I finish this post. This is what I have done so far. I know, it is a slow process for me with the small amount of spare time I have. Here is what I have so far:


I know it pools alot but that is part of the faded bluejean look.

No comments: