Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Jury Duty

I have possible jury duty tomorrow at the county courthouse. I have to call this evening to see what time if any, I have to be there. It seems like every other year I have jury duty at the county courthouse. At least, I know what to expect. I do know that I have to get there early so I can get a parking space. The city it is in, Martinez, has many little 'antique' stores. They are fun to wander through. I am actually kind of looking forward to it. I know that most of the time I am there, it is just a waiting thing. Therefore, I will get to spend some 'quality' time with my knitting (something I do not get much of).

I fixed my error on the sock at lunch yesterday without too much trouble. I have been avoiding it because I hate to rip/unknit my work. However, it was not as bad as I thought it would be. I was able to do a bit of knitting while I waited for and went through the carwash.

I have to tell you a story about the carwash. The guy in the car in front of me asked me to input his carwash code for him because he has trouble with his eyesight. The whole time I wondered why this guy was driving and if he could even see well enough to be on the road? Is he endangering lives by driving with such an impairment?

I became disoriented at the gas station in Pittsburgh, CA, where I work. It was a Chevron and you know how their mascots are cars? Well, the ads were in Spanish. They were not in spanish and english, they were just in spanish. Right after, I got on the freeway and a bus passed me. The McDonalds ad on the side was not in english at all, it was completely in spanish. I was tripping out. I guess it is a sign of the times (At least, where we are moving, things are still in english). There was a job I thought of applying for, however, it requires that the person in the position be bi-lingual. Why? To communicate to the illegal aliens that they employ? I think that it is discrimination to be in the United States and have to speak spanish in order to apply for an Office Manager/Accouting job. Sorry, I took 4 years of French in school.

No comments: